This rheumatoid arthritis resource page has been put together for one reason: to provide the most comprehensive list of resources and links available online for RA sufferers looking to effectively manage their disease naturally. The internet is a big place and we just want to make it as simple as possible for you to find all of the rheumatoid arthritis management info you’re looking for. Enjoy!
Overview and Facts
- Arthritis.org The Arthritis Foundation is the largest national nonprofit organization supporting the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions.
- American College of Rheumatology has a mission to advance rheumatology! The organization represents over 9,400 rheumatologists and rheumatology health professionals around the world.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) Organization designed to support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases.
- MedicineNet.com An online healthcare site designed to provide easy-to-read, in-depth, authoritative medical information for RA sufferers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Arthritis Use this site to learn more about arthritis, the proven ways to manage it and the resources available to public health professionals.
- Johns Hopkins Arthritis Center Easy-to-use educational resource for both arthritis patients and treatment specialists.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons The preeminent provider of musculoskeletal education to orthopedic surgeons and others in the world.
- What People With Rheumatoid Arthritis Need to Know About Osteoporosis Article contains information about medications used to treat RA, and includes the most up-to-date (accurate) information available.
- Rheumatoid Patient Foundation A site full of people that understand because they are patients and caregivers who live with RA. The goal is to transform the future for everyone diagnosed with the disease.
- Arthritis National Research Foundation Site design to provide research funding to brilliant, investigative scientists with new ideas on how to cure arthritis and related autoimmune diseases.
- Cedars-Sinai – Rheumatology Read about the team of world-renowned research scientists that are investigating the causes of these conditions in an effort to find better treatments and cures.
- Coalition of State Rheumatology Organization (CSRO) Membership designed to promote the state rheumatology society activities that advocate access to the highest quality medical care for rheumatic disease patients with autoimmune inflammatory and degenerative diseases.
- Moms with RA A site designed for moms with Rheumatoid Arthritis and other inflammatory or autoimmune diseases (psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc…) to be a resource for one another.
- National Institutes of Health – Rheumatoid Arthritis Site designed to help RA sufferers deal with the disease by providing fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to reduce the strain of the illness.
- RA Chicks.com A site created by a few of “Chicks” chatting online and joking about having a club where they could let loose; the small group has grown to over 11000 members in under 2 years. The adventure turned into an online support group with members of all ages, races, sexes, religions, and countries. Arthritis does not discriminate and neither do the Chicks.
- Rheumatology Nurses Society (RNS) A professional organization committed to the development and education of nurses to benefit its members, patients, family and community.
- ShareCare.com A sharing and caring site that provides a wealth of information about cures for RA and other ailments.
- Society of Physician Assistants in Rheumatology (SPAR) This site is dedicated to the advancement of the Physician Assistant in Rheumatology.
- The Complete List of Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms This is the most comprehensive list of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms ever created including RA symptoms in hands, feet, hips, back, fingers, toes and more.
- Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) This organization is nationally ranked #1 in orthopedics, and #3 in rheumatology by U.S.News & World Report (2014-15). HSS has been top-ranked in the Northeast for both orthopedics and rheumatology for the 24th consecutive year.
- Osteoporosis and Arthritis: Two Common but Different Conditions This article and fact sheet discusses the similarities and differences between these conditions, which are sometimes confused.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Symptoms Assessor This site was created to help you get the most out of your rheumatology visits. The symptom assessor will provide your rheumatologist with important information such as up-to-date disease symptom scores, medication inventories and doses so they can better monitor and treat your Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Oxford Journals – Rheumatology An online and printed international peer review journal publishing the highest quality scientific and clinical papers. The scope of Rheumatology includes a range of rheumatological conditions, musculoskeletal medicine, surgery and translational research.
- 14 Home Remedies for Arthritis & Joint Pain Read about a collection of natural remedies for arthritis that may be used to manage the pain and ease the symptoms of RA.
Exercise and Managing Pain
- The Best Rheumatoid Arthritis Exercise for your Joints This exercise program is perfect if you are an RA sufferer looking to get fit while protecting your joints with low impact exercises.
- Arthritis Foundation Store Find just about anything you need on this site; books, videos, brochures, etc. Information to purchase are all here.
- Physical Therapy and Rheumatoid Arthritis This site engages and inspires an international readership on topics related to physical therapy. As the leading international journal for research in physical therapy and related fields.
- Arthritis – Lifestyle and Home Remedies Read about effective home and lifestyle remedies for RA and other ailments. The Mayo Clinic is a nonprofit worldwide leader in medical care, research and education for people from all walks of life.
- Home Remedies for Arthritis A list of 40 easy to follow remedies to help deal with the stress and strain of arthritis.
- How to Treat your Arthritis Naturally at Home A list of remedies to help treat arthritis naturally at home by reducing pain to a manageable level.
Alternative Medication and Natural Treatments
- 20 Natural Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment Options Discover 20 natural types of treatment that have been shown to work in helping RA sufferers manage manage their arthritis pain with some success.
- A Review of the Most Effective Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet Plans We all have to eat right… so why not figure out what your body is okay with and what you’r body had a negative reaction to and create your personal diet that works for you.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicines (NCCAM) is an organization that conducts and supports research and provides information about complementary health products and practices.
- Natural and Alternative Treatments Find out how natural and alternative treatments can help improve your arthritis symptoms on this site.
- Natural Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis Discover natural therapies that are popular today and read about people that seek to control their health and healing naturally.
- Natural Relief From Arthritis Pain Read about popular natural approaches to RA pain management and relief.
- Alternative Medicines and Arthritis Read about how many people use alternative remedies for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Natural Remedies for Arthritis From acupuncture to diet and exercise, natural treatments help arthritis sufferers find much needed relief; read more here.
- 13 Natural Remedies for Arthritis Read about 13 natural remedies that research suggests may actually help ease arthritis pain.
- Natural home remedies: arthritis If you suffer from arthritis pain, you’re certainly not alone. Here’s how to ease your aches the natural way.
- Chinese herbal remedy as good as methotrexate for treating rheumatoid arthritis, study finds Research reveals that a traditional Chinese herbal remedy used to relieve joint pain and inflammation works as well as methotrexate, a standard drug treatment that is frequently prescribed to control the symptoms of active rheumatoid arthritis.
- Curcumin: The Spice that Is Better than Drugs for Rheumatoid Arthritis New research showed that curcumin, the active ingredient in the curry spice turmeric, possesses potent anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties.
Access and Assistance
- Assistive Technology Solutions explore this web site to learn more about our AT services.
- AbleData and Computer Accessibility a significant resource which contains objective information on almost 40,000 assertive products.
- Nuance – Dragon Speech Recognition Software read the world’s best-selling speech recognition software, lets you dictate documents, search the web, email and more on your computer just by using your voice.
- Disability Systems Inc A site that will help individuals & commercial entities make the best choices when confronted with a disability or an ADA compliance issue.
- Accessibility Homes An organization of volunteers that have help to grant resources to families in need.
- Home Modifications for Accessibility Learning how to make living space accessible – read stories here.
- Mobility Advisors is a site that serves as an educational guide on wheel chair options, mobility equipment, disability resources, and recreational outlets that enhance the lives of individuals of all ages who need mobility assistance.
- The Wheel Chair Site Find in depth information about a variety of wheel chair types and fin out which one is best suited for you.
- Independent Living Institute A resource that provides information, training materials and develop solutions for services for persons with extensive disabilities.