Table of Contents
Cooking (and eating!) can be difficult especially when you have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Preparing meals for you and your family can be painful and frustrating when you are dealing with arthritis flares, inflammation, and limited movement. You may have difficulty in handling cookware, opening a jar, and even scooping food from your plate to eat.
Although there’s no cure for RA, we can offer products that can assist you in the kitchen.
These products are designed specifically for your needs so that you can enjoy cooking (and eating) without having to worry about the pain.
Click on the links below to see the kitchen tools that will make you enjoy being in the kitchen once again!
1. Easy Grip Jar & Bottle Opener
RAPM’s Recommendation: 6 In 1 Multi Opener Jar Opener – Buy Now
- Specifically designed to fit any size of cap or lid for easy open functionality.
- Made of stainless steel, top-quality plastic, and silicone, BPA- free material.
- Ideal for people with Arthritis, children, and the elderly.
2. Hands-Free Bottle and Jar Opener
RAPM’s Recommendation: Electric Jar Opener – Buy Now
- Open bottles and jars with just one press.
- Ideal for people with arthritis or those who have limited hand dexterity.
- Made of ABS wear-resistant
Knives and Cooking Utensils
3. Right Angle Knife
RAPM’s Recommendation: ABLE-T Right Angle Knife – Buy Now
- Designed by an Occupational Therapist and Engineer to cater to people with a hand injury, arthritis, and limited range of motion.
- Dishwasher safe
- Features a 6-inch stainless steel blade and BPA- free handle
4. Angled Carving Knife
RAPM’s Recommendation: Etac Ergonomic Relieve Knives – Buy Now
- Designed to keep your wrist straight for easy cutting and the oval-shaped grip provides a stable grip.
- Features a 4.5-inch blade with a Polyamide plastic handle.
5. Cutting Board
RAPM’s Recommendation: One Hand CanDo Cutting Board – Buy Now
- Designed by a stroke survivor who has limited hand function.
- Caters to all aspects of food preparation like chopping, cutting, shredding with one hand.
- Provides a strapping system for holding ingredients.
6. Good Grips Smooth Potato Masher
RAPM’s Recommendation: OXO Good Grips Potato Masher – Buy Now
- Has wide, horizontal, non-slip handle that absorbs pressure, providing leverage and reducing hand strain.
- Fine-grid mashing plate that provides smooth mashed potatoes with less effort.
- Dishwasher safe.
7. Swivel Peeler
RAPM’s Recommendation: OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler – Buy Now
- Japanese stainless steel twin blades to provide easy glide and easy-peel regardless of surface shape.
- Has a built-in potato eye remover.
- Oversized handle to provide a comfortable grip.
- Dishwasher safe.
RAPM’s Recommendation: OXO Good Grips Chopper – Buy Now
- has wave-pattern blades that provide precise chopping.
- Provides a safe and easy way to chop your fruits, vegetables, and so much more.
- Super easy to operate. Just place the ingredients inside the cup and press down.
- BPA- free
9. Stove Top Pan Holder
RAPM’s Recommendation: North Coast Medical Pan Holder – Buy Now
- Compatible with different sizes of pots and pans.
- Easy to use. Just attach the suction feet to your stovetop.
- Help keep your pots and pans in place while cooking.
10. Bread Slicer
RAPM’s Recommendation: Bread Slicer Cutting Guide with Knife – Buy Now
- Offers guidance and support in cutting bread.
- Includes a stainless steel bread knife for easy cutting.
- Foldable and easy to store.
- Has a built-in crumb catcher tray, you don’t have to worry about cleaning the crumbs.
- Made of 100% environment-friendly bamboo.
11. Salad Spinner
RAPM’s Recommendation: Oxo Good Grips 5 Quart Salad Spinner – Buy Now
- Clean your greens with a push of a button.
- Has a non-slip ring that keeps the bowl in place.
- Easy to clean. Dishwasher safe.
12. Angled Measuring Cup
RAPM’s Recommendation: OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup – Buy Now
- Patented angled surface that lets you read the measurements from above.
- Provides multiple measurements for cups, ounces, and milliliters.
- BPA free
Plates, Plate Guards & Bowls
13. Hi-Lo Scoop Plate
RAPM’s Recommendation: Sammons Preston 9″ Scooped Dish with Wall – Buy Now
- Scooped dish plate with a wall so you can easily scoop your food.
- Non- slip
- Helps the elderly, people with arthritis, and people with hand weakness eat independently without the help of a caretaker.
14. Scooper Bowl with Suction Cup Base
RAPM’s Recommendation: Maddak SP Ableware Scooper Plate – Buy Now
- Has a suction-cup base that keeps the bowl in place.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made with heat-resistant plastic.
- Provides raised edges and curved rim to help in pushing food to the utensils.
15. Clip-On Food Guard for Plates
RAPM’s Recommendation: Sammons Preston Clip-On Food Guard for Plates – Buy Now
- Helps push food to the utensils.
- Help keep food on your plate.
- Dishwasher safe.
Cups, Glasses & Straws
16. Insulated Tumbler with Straw and Flip Lid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Simple Modern Classic Insulated Tumbler – Buy Now
- Double-wall insulation to keep your drink hot or cold for a long time.
- Includes 2 lids so you can enjoy your drink with a straw or with a flip lid.
- Fits most cup holders.
17. Double Walled Insulated Tumbler
RAPM’s Recommendation: Tervis Insulated Tumbler – Buy Now
- Made of impact-resistant, BPA- free materials.
- Has double-wall insulation to keep your drinks hot or cold for a long time.
18. 2-Handle Plastic Mug
RAPM’s Recommendation: Independence 2-Handle Plastic Mug – Buy Now
- Includes 2 style lids: one with a spout and one that is anti- splash. Ideal for people with hand weakness.
- Its handles are easy to hold to prevent spills.
Eating Utensils and Holders
19. Adaptive Utensils
RAPM’s Recommendation: BunMo Adaptive Utensils – Buy Now
- Specifically designed to help people with Arthritis and the elderly.
- Its lightweight foam grip handles provides much needed hold.
20. Utensil Padding Grips
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Foam Tubing – Buy Now
- Provides a wide grip for a much secure grip on things like utensils, toothbrush, pens, and so much more.
- Its non- slip foam stays in place.
21. Silicone Adaptive Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: EazyHold Lavender Silicone Assistive Universal Cuff – Buy Now
- Specially designed for individuals with limited hand mobility.
- Comes in 8 different sizes to ensure a snug fit.
- Made with silicone materials that adapts to your skin temperature.
22. Soft Foam Built-Up Handle Offset Spoon
RAPM’s Recommendation: Soft Foam Built-Up Handle Offset Spoon – Buy Now
- Designed for right- handed individuals who have limited range of motion.
- It has a textured, closed cell foam to provide a secure grip.
Anti- Slip Placemats
23. Silicone Placemats
RAPM’s Recommendation: IYYI Silicone Placemats – Buy Now
- Made with food-grade, BPA- free, non-toxic materials.
- Silicone non-slip texture that provides protection from slips.
- Protects your kitchen surface from heat and scratches.
24. Silicone Non-Slip Table Mat
RAPM’s Recommendation: SP Ableware Tenura Silicone Non-Slip Table Mat – Buy Now
- Made with 100% silicone, latex-free, and non-toxic.
- Provides a secure, non-slip base for plates, bowls, and cups.
25. Non-Slip Circular Pads
RAPM’s Recommendation: Dycem Non-Slip Mat – Buy Now
- Provides a secure grip while cooking, drinking, eating, and a lot more.
- Its Latex-free material is easy to clean and reusable.
While you are in the mood for cooking, check out our Smoked Salmon Recipe, Turkey Chili Recipe, and our Gluten- Free Muffin Recipe. All anti-inflammatory recipes can help you fight RA pain and swelling.