Living with Arthritis usually means that doing everyday things like going to the bathroom or taking a shower requires the help of arthritis grooming and hygiene aids.
Some days when pain is unbearable, you would need rinse-free bathing wipes or an inflatable bath kit to keep you clean.
In any case, people living with arthritis can use helpful grooming and hygiene aids to do everyday things without experiencing pain.
These grooming and hygiene aids are made specifically to help people living with arthritis or anybody with limited dexterity gain a little independence in doing their daily personal hygiene habits.
1. Long Handle Bath Brush with Sponges
RAPM’s Recommendation: Easy Reach Anti-Slip Handle Brush – Buy Now
- Has a long handle with a slight curve to reach your back easily.
- Ideal for people with limited hand movement.
- Can be used to clean hard-to-reach areas of the body effortlessly.
2. Shower Brush
RAPM’s Recommendation: The Perseids Multifunctional Bath Brush – Buy Now
- Handle arc design with rough lines on the handle for a more secure grip.
- Can easily reach hard to clean areas.
- Suitable for people with limited mobility.
3. Inflatable Shampoo Basin
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Inflatable Shampoo Basin – Buy Now
- Ideal for people with limited mobility.
- Has a built-in headrest for comfort, a refillable water bag, a showerhead, and an air pump for easy installation.
- Can be used anywhere, even on the bed.
- Has a double-wall design to minimize splashing and water spills.
4. Rinse-Free Bathing Wipes
RAPM’s Recommendation: No Water Wash Cloths – Buy Now
- Provides a hassle-free, full-body bath experience without water.
- Ideal whenever taking a shower is hard to do.
- Formulated with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E to clean, moisturize, and protect the skin.
- PH balanced, alcohol- free and hypoallergenic.
5. Lotion Applicator
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Lotion Applicator – Buy Now
- Provides independence to easily apply lotions, creams, and gels on hard-to-reach areas of the body.
- Eliminates the need to bend and twist.
- Made of durable, curved lotus wood that will not crack.
- Textured rubber grip to ensure secure grip and convenience.
6. Shower Foot Scrubber
RAPM’s Recommendation: Shower Foot Massager by Love Lori – Buy Now
- Improves foot and leg circulation.
- Scrubs feet and toes, even hard-to-reach areas without bending over.
- Gently massages and reduces foot pain
- Smooths rough and dry skin.
- Help treat foot ailments.
7. Rinse-Free Hypoallergenic Biodegradable Bathing Wipes
RAPM’s Recommendation: All Natural Refreshing Wipes – Buy Now
- Large 12’X12’ unscented wipes clean the whole body.
- Hypoallergenic, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, paraben-free, and unscented.
- Made with all-natural ingredients to nourish and moisturize skin.
8. Back Scrubber
RAPM’s Recommendation: AmazerBath Exfoliating Back Scrubber – Buy Now
- Has double-sided textured material that has a rough side and a soft side.
- It is longer in length compared to other back scrubbers to accommodate different heights.
- Made from PE materials that keep it from warping while being used.
9. Bathtub and Shower Seat
RAPM’s Recommendation: Delta Bathtub and Shower Seat – Buy Now
- Made from polyethylene with water drainage slots to prevent slipping.
- Has integrated handles for extra support.
- Non- slip thermo- plastic rubber feet.
- Provides support up to 250 lbs. meeting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards
10. Inflatable Shower Bathtub Kit
RAPM’s Recommendation: Medical Adult Bathtub Shower System – Buy Now
- Bathing made easier, safer, and comfortable for people with limited mobility or bed bound.
- Made of high-quality PVC.
- Includes an inflatable pillow, sprinkler water bag, shower hose, and a pump.
11. Sliding Bath Transfer Bench with Swivel Seat
RAPM’s Recommendation: Gateway Premium Sliding Bath Transfer Bench – Buy Now
- Provides effortless, safe, and easy transfers in and out of the tub or shower.
- Has padded seats and backrest to provide warmth to the touch, slip-resistant padding.
- The polyurethane padding does not absorb water and is easy to clean and disinfect.
- Swivel chair that is ideal for small spaces.
12. Bathtub Safety Rail
RAPM’s Recommendation: Adjustable Tub Grab Bar – Buy Now
- Safety rail to make sure you get in and out of the bathtub safely.
- Made of heavy-duty steel and a special locking system to secure safety. Can accommodate up to 500lbs.
- Meets all US safety requirements.
13. Adjustable Height Non-Slip Bath Safety Transfer Bench
RAPM’s Recommendation: Moen Non-Slip Bath Safety Transfer Bench – Buy Now
- Adjustable height to fit different tubs.
- Can comfortably support up to 400lbs.
- Non- slip seat with a drainage system.
14. Non-Slip Shower Mat
RAPM’s Recommendation: AmazerBath Bath Tub Mat – Buy Now
- Includes 200 suction cups to secure their place.
- Drain holes to avoid the accumulation of water and to keep the mat dry.
- Made of PVC material that is also easy to clean.
15. Patient Assist Commode Chair
RAPM’s Recommendation: PHASFBJ Elderly Lift Wheelchair – Buy Now
- Has a 180° split seat base to allow easy transfer of a patient.
- Multi-purpose. Can be used as a patient lift, wheelchair, commode, and bathroom chair.
- Includes front and rear casters with a lock mechanism to ensure safety.
- Made from heavy-duty materials and can accommodate up to 270 lbs.
16. Portable Toilet Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Juvo Toilet Aid – Buy Now
- Ideal for people with limited hand movement.
- Helps patients to clean themselves independently.
- Holds tissue paper securely.
17. Portable Bidet
RAPM’s Recommendation: Personal Portable Bidet – Buy Now
- Has a longer reach with a 9” curved nozzle.
- Ideal for travel.
- Alternate for tissue paper use.
18. Long Reach Handle Comb
RAPM’s Recommendation: Long Reach Hair Brush Set – Buy Now
- Provides less strain on hands when brushing due to extra-long, curved handles.
- Ideal for people with low- dexterity.
- Includes comb and soft bristle brush.
19. Hair Dryer Stand
RAPM’s Recommendation: Hands-Free Hair Dryer – Buy Now
- Hold the hairdryer for you, providing comfort and pain-free hands.
- Adjustable length and angle.
- Made from Abs and stainless steel for a more durable stand.
20. Tooth Brushing Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: RADIUS Big Brush – Buy Now
- Ergonomic grip for a more comfortable grip.
- Wider, replaceable brush to improve gum health.
- Plant-based handle making it environment-friendly.
- Ideal for people with weak hand grip.
21. 360 Degree Rotary Clipper
RAPM’s Recommendation: EZ Grip Trimmer And Cutter – Buy Now
- Rotates 360 degrees lets you trim your nails comfortably at any angle.
- Has wide, easy-grip ideal for people with limited dexterity or strength.
Currently, there are many different types of treatment for arthritis and tools that you can use for daily living.
There are also natural treatments to manage arthritis pain, aside from a healthy diet and low-impact exercise.
It is always best to seek your doctor’s approval before trying out something new.
But with modern technology such as these innovative arthritis grooming aids, there are many helpful tools and treatments that are available for people living with RA.