If you’re looking to prepare an easy, but healthy meal that is also anti-inflammatory, gluten-free, check out this delicious smoked salmon salad recipe topped with green goddess dressing.
Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids that are not only important in fighting off inflammation, they can also help fight depression and anxiety and improve your risk factors for heart disease.
This smoked salmon salad recipe is also low in calories and makes for a great after-work meal as it only takes 35 minutes to prepare and cook.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!
- 105g (1/2 cup) French green lentils, rinsed
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced, some fronds reserved
- 130g (1/2 cup) natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley, plus extra parsley leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon salted baby capers, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 60g baby spinach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 180g sliced salt-reduced smoked salmon
- Cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Spray fennel slices with oil. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Process the yogurt, parsley, chives, tarragon, capers, and lemon rind in a food processor until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Place onion, juice, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain
- Combine the lentils, fennel, onion, spinach, and avocado in a large bowl. Divide among plates. Top with salmon. Sprinkle with the reserved fennel fronds and extra parsley. Drizzle with the green goddess dressing.