Table of Contents
When you are living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, chances are, doing the things you love like gardening, can take a back seat unless you’re able to find some helpful arthritis gardening tools and aids to help manage your arthritis pain.
Thanks to technology and research, there has been a rise in assistive tools specifically catered to people living with chronic diseases like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
These tools help individuals living with all types of arthritis have the independence to still be able to do their daily tasks and also the things they love without having to worry about pain.
With this in mind, here are 15 of the most helpful arthritis gardening tools and aids every green-thumbed person living with arthritis should have.
1. Pruning Shear
RAPM’s Recommendation: The Gardener’s Friend Pruner – Buy Now
- Ideal for individuals with mobility problems.
- Uses leverage to cut with a fraction of an effort compared to conventional pruners.
- Specifically designed to trim flowers, trees, and shrubs easily.
2. Straight Blades Pruning Shear
RAPM’s Recommendation: VIVOSUN 6.5 Inch Gardening Hand Pruner – Buy Now
- Loaded with springs so that it automatically pushes open and reduces hand fatigue.
- Comfort grip handles that make it easy to use for long periods of time.
- Features a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism to avoid accidents.
3. Titanium Bypass Pruning Shears
RAPM’s Recommendation: Gonicc 8″ Titanium Bypass Pruning Shear – Buy Now
- Ergonomically designed non-slip handles that are lightweight and comfortable.
- Has a sap groove design to keep shears from sticking.
- Made from Titanium steel.
4. Gardening Tool Set
RAPM’s Recommendation: Ergonomic 5-Piece Gardening Hand Tool Set – Buy Now
- Includes a trowel, transplanter, weeder, scooper, and cultivator.
- Features a Radius Grip that gives extra leverage while reducing hand, arm, and wrist stress.
- Recommended by National Home Gardening Club.
5. Grass Trimmers
RAPM’s Recommendation: 2 in 1 Cordless Grass Shear – Buy Now
- Can be used as a lawnmower or hedge trimmer.
- Lightweight and cordless for maximum comfort while weeding or pruning.
- 1100rpm of cutting speed with up to 40 minutes working time.
6. 4-Piece Gardening Tool Set
RAPM’s Recommendation: Jardineer Garden Tool Kit – Buy Now
- Has an upright handle with non-slip grip that keeps the hand in its natural state.
- Lessens the strain and discomfort when gardening.
- Includes a fork, trowel, cultivator, and a pair of garden gloves.
- Ideal for individuals with limited mobility.
7. Relief Grip Gardening Gloves
RAPM’s Recommendation: Bionic Women’s Relief Grip – Buy Now
- Has terrycloth towels inside the glove to keep the hand cool and dry.
- Features a pad relief system that evens the hand surface for a more secure grip.
- Supports the wrist and the base of the thumb to reduce pain.
- Silicone coated fingertips to improve grip and durability.
- Machine washable.
8. Garden Kneeler and Seat
RAPM’s Recommendation: Portable Garden Bench – Buy Now
- Has widened cushions to hold up to 300lbs of weight.
- Has Dilated seat for easy movement.
- Has two storage pockets for tools, seed packets, etc.
- Takes the pressure off the lower legs.
9. Garden Weeder Hand Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: BERNIE ANSEL Garden Weeder Hand Tool – Buy Now
- Ideal for tight spaces.
- Has an extra-large ergonomic wooden handle that reduces hand fatigue.
- Includes lever that can remove bigger plants easily.
10. Stand-up Garden Weeder
RAPM’s Recommendation: Worth Garden Stand-up Weeder – Buy Now
- Lets you get rid of weeds without bending your back.
- Has a foot pedal that puts additional force to remove difficult weed and its roots.
- Features a 5-claw design suitable for any type of soil.
- Has padded foam for added comfort.
11. Garden Herb Snip
RAPM’s Recommendation: Fiskars Garden Herb Snip – Buy Now
- Focuses on the power of your thumb and index finger for more control.
- Ergonomic handle for more comfortable use.
- Ideal for harvesting and prepping herbs, flowers, vegetables, and fruits.
12. Extendable Handle Cultivator
RAPM’s Recommendation: Corona Extendable Handle Cultivator – Buy Now
- Adjustable handle that can reach up to 32 inches.
- Fully heat-treated head for extended durability.
- Lightweight aluminum handle to reduce strain.
- Helps maintain proper posture while gardening.
13. Long-Reach Bypass Pruner
RAPM’s Recommendation: 30-Inch Long-Reach Bypass Pruner – Buy Now
- Has a 30-inch shaft tool that can easily be maneuvered.
- Rotating handle that helps reduce back pain and strain.
- Lets you cut and trim without bending over.
14. 5-IN-1 Lawn Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: ProPlugger 5-IN-1 Lawn Tool – Buy Now
- Easy to use. Just step, twist, and pull.
- Allows you to work in a standing position, reducing the risk of back pain and knees.
- Includes sturdy hand grips that are ideal for individuals with weak hand grip.
15. Round Lawn Edger with Steel T-Style Handle
RAPM’s Recommendation: Bully Tools Round Lawn Edger – Buy Now
- Has a 12 gauge steel blade that can easily cut through the soil with a footstep.
- Features an all-steel construction to last a lifetime.
Having a condition like RA can definitely limit your actions and daily life but these tools were made specifically with you in mind, so you can go on and still be able to do what you love with just a little help.
More Natural Arthritis Pain Relief Aids & Tools for Daily Living:
- 27 Arthritis Aids For Daily Living To Help Manage Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain Naturally
- 21 Arthritis Grooming and Hygiene Aids to Help Keep You Fresh & Clean
- 15 Arthritis Bathroom Aids & Tools You Can’t Live Without
- 13 Arthritis Playing Card Holders & Aids to Manage Hand Pain Naturally
- 17 Arthritis Knives & Cooking Utensils