Rheumatoid Arthritis is one of the most common causes of disability in the United States.
For people suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis, maintaining mobility in their home is important.
Doing simple things like bathing, can double the fear of being in an accident due to their limited body movement and would need constant assistance.
By providing simple, low- cost additions to the bathroom, we can make their home as safe and easier to get around and prevent accidents and falls in their own homes.
We know the importance of having essential aids to help ease pain and worry when taking a bath.
Here are the 15 Arthritis Bathroom Aids & Tools You Can’t Live Without that can provide comfort and ease when in the comfort of your bathroom.
Bathroom surface security arthritis bathroom aids
Be sure to secure your bathroom surfaces to prevent falls in the shower or bathtub.
Quick Suction Grab Bars
- Provides a sturdy support in the shower or in a bathtub.
- Helps prevent dangerous falls while bathing
- Designed with a ribbed surface for extra grip
Grab Bar For Shower or Bathtub
- Features a hi- lo design that ensures total support going in and out of the bathtub.
- Can safely hold up to 250lb weight capacity.
- Chrome- plated and vinyl sleeves to prevent damage.
Shower Bench Seat
- Specifically designed for those who cannot stand for a long time, even during bath time.
- Made of aluminum legs with rubber feet that are angled outward to prevent slipping.
- Accommodates different height adjustments.
- Can easily support up to 300lbs.
Sliding Transfer Bench For Shower or Bathtub
- Allows users to transfer in and out of the bathtub or shower easily.
- Especially made for people with Rheumatoid Arthritis who experiences difficulty in movement.
- Has incorporated sliding rings that lock the seat at each end of the rails.
- Built with aluminum rails for extra strength and security.
- Seat is made with molded plastic
Non-Slip Bath Mat
- Provides additional safety during bath.
- Includes multiple suction cups to ensure mat stability.
- Mold resistant
Slip Resistant Shower Step Stool
- Helps you step in and out of the shower or bathtub safely.
- Covered with nonstick, textured rubber for extra protection and stability.
- Provides an extra 4 inches in height.
- Can safely support up to 400lbs in weight
Toilet safety arthritis bathroom aids and tools
Getting on and off the toilet can sometimes be a challenge for people living with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
We need to make using the toilet as comfortable and easy and the only way to go about it is by adding toilet aids:
Toilet Safety Rails
- Provides support when using the toilet, both for sitting down and standing up.
- Easily stored. Rail can be lifted, out of sight, when not in use.
- Features an innovative offset rail that helps avoid wrist strain.
Toilet Seat Riser
- Provides 3.5 inches more to make bending a little easier.
- Sitting and standing on a standard height toilet is often too difficult for patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis, adding 3.5 inches to the seat makes is a lot easier for them to use the toilet.
- Features a hinged design to make it safe and secure.
- It has a weight capacity of 300lbs.
- Available in round or elongated model
Toilet Seat Lifter
- Increases bathroom safety and independence
- Push button seat lift for easy operation
- Provides non- slip hand grips to avoid slips while seat raises or lowers
- Allows user to move to up to 7 ½ inches forward to improve balance and provide optimal positioning for standing.
- Frame and assembly are protected by a glass shield for easy cleaning.
Stand Alone Toilet Support Rails
- Specifically designed to provide support in toilet use.
- Has padded hand rails to provide comfort and prevent slip- ups.
- The rails can be used with a standard or elongated toilet.
- Includes a rack that can be attached on the side to use as storage.
Bathing and toilet use aids
Along with the difficulty to use the toilet and bathroom independently and with ease, people living with Rheumatoid Arthritis would also need bathing and toilet aids to help complete the process of bathing and going to the toilet:
Self-Wipe Toilet Aid
- Helps patients with limited range of motion.
- Helps hold tissue in place for wiping.
- Can be used from front or back.
- Has an easy squeeze trigger that hold the tissue in place and a push down button to release the used tissue without having to touch it with your hands.
- Hygienic, easy, and safe to use.
- Easy to use: just fill with water and squeeze
- Hygienic and environment friendly
- Helps avoid the use of toilet paper
- You can carry it anywhere and use it anytime.
Body Puff Sponge
- Specifically designed for people with limited range in motion and cannot bend or twist when bathing.
- Helps reach and clean hard to reach areas of the body.
- It is made up of soft mesh, eliminating the possibility of skin irritation
- Comes in different colors and its own hook!
Inflatable Hair Wash Basin
- Designed for bedridden patients to wash and clean their hair.
- Provides secure support. Cushions head and shoulders for comfortable use.
- Includes a built- in inflatable headrest.
Button Assist Device
- Ideal use for people living with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Makes buttoning and unbuttoning pain- free and convenient
- Designed with ergonomic anti- slip handle ang thick grip.
- Cab be used in buttons and zippers.
With list of essential arthritis bathroom aids and tools, we are confident that people living with RA will have a much better, safe, and comfortable time in the bathroom.