People living with Rheumatoid Arthritis have to deal with constant pain in their joints, leaving them to feel frustrated and depressed as simple daily tasks become difficult or impossible to do.
Managing pain for people living with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most vital parts of living their daily life.
As for most people, back pain can set you back for days and will leave you debilitated with pain.
With this in mind, we have come up with products that can help ease rheumatoid arthritis pain, specifically back pain, naturally.
Products To Help Ease The Pain
1. Cold Therapy
Using cold therapy on painful back joints reduces joint swelling and inflammation.
RAPM’s Recommendation: Ice Back Wrap – Buy Now
- Effectively provides pain relief for back pains and even injuries that require cold therapy.
- Has ultra-soft fleece covering to protect your skin from the cold
- Provides the benefits of cryotherapy with compression for soft tissue trauma
2. Heat Therapy
Using heat as part of your aid for back pain helps relax your tight muscles and stimulate blood flood.
RAPM’s Recommendation: Digital Moist Heating Pad – Buy Now
- This heat pad provides temporary pain relief in your whole back
- It is designed to relieve pain in multiple application areas
- No water is required as it generates heat from the air
- Easy-to-read LCD control
3. Thunder God Vine Root
RAPM’s Recommendation: Thunder God Vine Root Extract 20:1 – Buy Now
- This medicine has been used for thousands of years in traditional Chinese medicine to treat inflammation. Studies have shown a decrease in inflammation and tender joints in people with RA who take this supplement.
- Scientific name Tripterygium Wilfordii.
- Made only from the peeled root of the Thunder God Vine.
- Contains naturally occurring Celastrol and Triptolide
RAPM’s Recommendation: Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set – Buy Now
- A form of alternative medicine that uses thin needles to prick acupuncture points in your body to alleviate chronic pain. It is also believed to help treat various physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Reduces muscle tension, back pain, and headaches
- The cushioned mat is large enough to cover your full back
- All you have to do is lay back and let the “bed of needles” do the work.
- It is made of 100% cotton and plant-based eco foam.
- It has more than 6,000 acupressure points that will help release the endorphins that block pain and relaxes the muscles.
5. Massage Therapy
RAPM’s Recommendation: Memory Foam Massage Seat Cushion – Buy Now
- Massage therapy is believed to help reduce pain and improve body function for people living the RA. Studies show that consistent massage therapy leads to decreased pain and improved grip strength, range of motion, and joint function.
- Has 6 different massage motors that provide different massage points to ease muscle pain, fatigue, and stress.
- Provides simultaneous massage on the upper back, lower back, hips, or thighs.
- Can choose from 5 program modes and 4 variable vibration intensities.
- Provides optional heat for added comfort and improves blood circulation.
6. Low Impact Exercise
RAPM’s Recommendation: Portable Treadmill – Buy Now
- People living with RA may not feel like moving and are afraid to do more damage to their bodies if they exercise. But it is good for you. Low impact exercises such as walking or biking help improve muscle strength and protect your joints.
- Suitable for low impact exercises
- If you’re worried that your RA will get worse, it won’t. Using this low-impact exercise machine will help ease joint pain and could even lower the joint swelling.
7. Natural Topicals
RAPM’s Recommendation: Natural Pain Relieving Gel – Buy Now
- Studies show that the use of topical creams or gels helps provide instant relief from minor pains. These topical creams and gels are usually made with natural ingredients like capsaicin, camphor, or menthol that help ease RA pain.
- Perfect for minor muscle and joint pains.
- It has natural ingredients that provide cooling and heating sensations
- Active ingredients are Camphor and menthol. It also contains capsaicin which has been shown to relieve pain.
RAPM’s Recommendation: Medicated Patches – Buy Now
- Provides temporary relief from back pain. Evidence has shown that patches reduce lower back pain and can get you through the day.
- Helps to relieve minor back pain, muscle pain, and arthritis pain.
- The extra strength patch can be worn for a long as 8 hours and still be as effective.
9. Turmeric Root Powder w/Curcumin
RAPM’s Recommendation: Turmeric Powder – Buy Now
- With its anti-inflammatory properties, taking Turmeric relieves chronic back pain.
- Turmeric is a member of the ginger family.
- It has been used as a natural remedy in Southeast Asia.
- Known as an anti-inflammatory, it helps reduce the most prominent symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- It is proven to improve your immune function and is also known as an immune modulator as it helps regulate your immune cell function against diseases.
10. Hemp Oil
RAPM’s Recommendation: Hemp Oil Extract – Buy Now
- Using Hemp oil to help ease pain associated with RA is recommended due to its lack of intoxicating effects and close to no side effects compared to other pain medications.
- It is proven to help ease chronic pain without being high
- Also helps you sleep a lot better
- Hemp is also known to lower joint inflammation
11. Folic Acid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Folic Acid Supplement – Buy Now
- Supports your metabolism.
- In pregnant women, it helps prevent some birth defects.
- Folic Acid is commonly prescribed by doctors for people living with Rheumatoid Arthritis and treated with Methotrexate.
- For pregnant women with Rheumatoid Arthritis, it aids in the development of the nervous system in the fetus.
RAPM’s Recommendation: Calcium Supplement – Buy Now
- People taking medications for their RA would have a harder time absorbing calcium in their bodies which makes them susceptible to osteoporosis and even bone loss.
- Reduces the risk of Osteoporosis.
- Increases bone strength
13. Vitamin D
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vitamin D Supplement – Buy Now
- Getting a sufficient amount of vitamin D helps regulate the absorption of calcium to your body and promotes normal immune system function. Studies show that RA pain is worse for people with low Vitamin D.
- Helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body.
- Nicknamed the sunshine vitamin and needed to keep bones, teeth, and muscle health.
14. Omega- 3 Fatty Acids
RAPM’s Recommendation: Omega- 3 Fish Oil Supplement – Buy Now
- Omega- 3 gives a lot of benefits to the body. It fights depression, improves eye health, fights inflammation, and autoimmune diseases.
- Provides essential fatty acids that may help with your overall health.
- Can fight auto-immune diseases.
- Helps ease inflammation
15. Proper Diet
RAPM’s Recommendation: Rheumatoid Arthritis Cookbook – Buy Now
- What you eat will greatly affect how you feel physically, mentally, and emotionally. Having a guide will better assist you to promote good health that may lead to reducing the pain and discomfort you feel every day.
- Holistic, 3- part approach to managing pain and inflammation in people living the RA.
- Provides easy workout routines and meditations.
- Simple, easy-to-make dishes that are best suited for RA patients.
It is always advisable to consult your doctor first before trying anything new.
As we believe in managing rheumatoid arthritis back pain without drugs, these products not only help ease your back pain, it is also safe for your body.