When you are living with Arthritis, you have limited mobility and oftentimes would need assistance from other people to be able to do daily tasks.
But there are instances wherein you still want your independence in doing certain things, like going to the bathroom.
With your limited hand and arm function, weak knees, or hips, you would still need aids to help you do your daily tasks.
These 17 arthritis toilet aids will help you use the toilet with ease and mostly still be independent of other people’s help.
#1 – Bedside Commode
RAPM’s Recommendation: Steel 3-in-1 Bedside Commode – Buy Now
- Portable toiler with antimicrobial protection.
- Equipped with a splash guard and removable clip-on seat for easy cleaning.
- Easy to use, tool-free assembly.
- Can hold up to 350 lbs.
#2 – Toilet Safety Rail
RAPM’s Recommendation: Stand Alone Toilet Safety Rail – Buy Now
- Easy to assemble, tool-free.
- Made from corrosion-resistant aluminum frame that can support up to 300 lbs.
- Provides stable support for users to sit and rise from the toilet.
- Helps prevent accidental slips and falls.
- Ideal for the elderly, adults, disabled, pregnant women.
#3 – Personal Wiping Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Long Reach Personal Wiping Aid – Buy Now
- Perfect for individuals with limited range of motion.
- Has a caddy tip that snaps over the tissue holder to keep it clean.
- Locks tissue firmly in place.
- Includes sanitary cover.
#4 – Hygiene & Bathroom Aid Toilet Tissue Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Freedomwand Toilet Tissue Tool – Buy Now
- Hygiene tools in one.
- Can hold tissue, loofah, shavers, etc.
- Comes with an easy-to-use slide button.
- Its reach can be extended up to 21 inches.
#5 – Portable Bidet
RAPM’s Recommendation: Personal Hygiene Refresher – Buy Now
- 9-inch curved nozzle for longer reach.
- Ideal for travel.
- Can be used as a replacement for toilet paper use.
#6 – Adjustable Grab Bar
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Toilet Safety Rail – Buy Now
- Provides additional safety when using the toilet.
- Prevents falls and slips.
- Ideal for seniors, people living with arthritis, and people recovering from surgery or injury.
- Fits all standard toilets.
#7 – Grab Bar for Toilets
RAPM’s Recommendation: Handicap Grab Bar for Toilets – Buy Now
- Fits any toilet style.
- Easy to install, no tools needed.
- Adjustable height to fit needs.
- Equipped with stainless steel locking system and rubber pads for more secure use.
#8 – Toilet Safety Frame & Rail
RAPM’s Recommendation: Portable Toilet Safety Rails – Buy Now
- Ideal for individuals suffering from limited mobility.
- Fits around the toilet seat with a back bar for safety and security.
- Foldable for easy storage or travel.
- Can accommodate a weight of up to 300lbs.
#9 – Commode and Shower Chair
RAPM’s Recommendation: Self-Powered Uplift Seat – Buy Now
- Has GentleBoost technology that helps users sit down and stand up on the chair.
- The seat will start to raise up and forward from the back of the chair, helping the user to a standing position.
- Fully padded seat, backrest, and armrests to provide comfort and skin irritation.
#10 – Foldable Toilet Grab Bar
RAPM’s Recommendation: Safety Shower Handrails – Buy Now
- Made with stainless steel that is strong enough to support up to 450lbs. of pull force.
- Provides stable support.
- Designed with granules for a safe grab to prevent accidental slips.
- Can easily be folded when not in use to save space.
- Perfect for mobility-impaired individuals who need help in sitting and standing up.
#11 – Commode Chair with Adjustable Height
RAPM’s Recommendation: MedPro Comfort Plus Commode Chair – Buy Now
- The seat is 20% wider than other seats.
- Has curved ergonomic seat design to reduce back strain.
- Features 7 adjustable height settings.
- Made from durable and sturdy steel.
- Includes a built-in splash guard to avoid messes.
#12 – Elevated Toilet Seat with Padded Arms
RAPM’s Recommendation: Elevated Toilet Seat – Buy Now
- Easily install under the toilet seat to provide additional height.
- Has built-in arms to provide support when sitting down and standing up.
- Easy clean. Just wipe and clean.
- Fits any standard and elongated bowl.
#13 – Toilet Seat Riser
RAPM’s Recommendation:Raised Toilet Seat – Buy Now
- Adds 5.5-inch height to the toilet.
- Can accommodate up to 300lbs of weight.
- Has built-in anti-slip pads on the bottom.
- Has a contoured shape and a wide area for sitting making it very comfortable to use.
#14 – Standing Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Liberty Lift Standing Aid – Buy Now
- Made from durable polypropylene plastic that can easily lift a person up to 400 lbs.
- Designed with an ergonomic textured handle to provide a comfortable, non-slip grip.
- Specially made for individuals who need assistance in standing up.
#15 – Self-Wiping Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Toilet Aid Tongs – Buy Now
- A multi-purpose tool that can be used to hold toilet tissue, loofahs, washcloths, ointment pads.
- Ideal for individuals with mobility problems.
- Has coated handles and ends for smooth and comfortable use.
#16 – Pocket Bottom Wiper
RAPM’s Recommendation: Pocket Easywipe – Buy Now
- Designed to assist with cleansing after toilet use.
- Folds and fits in pockets or handbags.
- Easily releases soiled toilet tissue without having to touch it.
#17 – Toilet Seat Bidet
RAPM’s Recommendation: Butt Buddy – Buy Now
- Easy to install. Does not require electricity, plumbing, or any special tool.
- Features a water-pressure controller and self-cleaning spray nozzle.
- Fits in any toilet.
#18 – Spill-Proof Male Urinal Bottle
RAPM’s Recommendation: Portable Urine Bottle – Buy Now
- Made from heavy-duty materials with spill-proof lid.
- Glow in the dark lid to make it easy to find in the dark.
- Do not tip over.
- Accommodates up to 32oz of fluid. Can be used multiple times without the need to empty contents.
#19 – Bedpan
RAPM’s Recommendation: Heavy Duty Bedpan – Buy Now
- Hospital quality with smooth contoured edges.
- Can accommodate up to 220 lbs.
- Spill-proof and easy to clean.
- Ideal for individuals that have a hard time getting up to go to the bathroom.
Having simple arthritis toilet aids such as a toilet seat with arms can make a big difference for someone living with arthritis.
Simple things like seating or standing up from the toilet that most of us don’t think about can almost always be a challenge to someone with mobility issues.
Having an arthritis toilet aid that can slowly lift you from the toilet seat or have a grab handle that you can easily grab for assistance can greatly improve one’s quality of life.