What if we tell you that you can help with your RA pain by just making the 5 best juice recipes for Rheumatoid Arthritis? You read it right!
Drinking juice specifically designed to fight inflammation is one of the easiest things you can do to help your body fight pain.
The worst enemy of having Rheumatoid Arthritis is inflammation and certain types of juice may reduce arthritis swelling.
It won’t hurt if we give our bodies a little help, naturally.
Managing Inflammation – Naturally!
To boost your immune system and help fight RA flare-ups, here are some things that you can do to help fight Rheumatoid Arthritis, naturally.
1. Sleep Well – Study shows that poor sleeping habits may worsen RA symptoms.
Lack of sleep enables functional disabilities due to pain and fatigue.
2. Massage Therapy – Regular massage help improve RA symptoms and improve mobility.
It promotes improved blood flow and joint stiffness.
3. Exercise – Low-impact exercises like walking and swimming help build muscles and protect your joints.
4. Eat Healthy – What we put in our body can either help with the RA symptoms or make it worse.
It is important to eat healthy, clean, anti-inflammatory foods to help with managing RA.
Eating healthy does not only apply to solid food, it also applies to what you drink.
Choosing healthy beverages to drink is equally important as choosing a healthy meal.
Foods You Can Juice
A lot of vegetables and fruits may help fight inflammation and pain.
These are foods that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, polyphenols, and other health benefits.
The good thing about making juice recipes for Rheumatoid Arthritis is that you can mix and match fruits and vegetables that will help fight RA symptoms.
Examples of these are:
With that being said, we have compiled the 5 Best Juice Recipes to help RA Pain!
#1 – Anti-Inflammatory Juice
- 1 lemon
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup pineapple
- ½ green apple
- 1 knob ginger
- Add all ingredients to the vegetable juicer.
- Gently stir juice and consume immediately.
#2 – Anti-inflammatory Green Juice
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed (3 oz)
- 2 large cucumbers (1¼ lbs., peeled if not organic)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root (about ½ inch)
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley (2 oz)
- 2 large apples, cored (1 lb.)
- ½ lemon, with peel (see notes)
- liquid stevia (optional, to taste)
- Wash and roughly chop all produce.
- Run through your juicer, alternating greens with juicy fruits and veggies.
- Add a few drops of liquid stevia, if desired.
- Serve immediately for maximum nutrients, or chill for 1-2 hours for maximum refreshment.
#3 – Pineapple, Cucumber, and Turmeric Juice
- 1 pineapple
- 2 cucumbers
- 15 three-inch pieces of fresh turmeric root
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Juice the pineapple, cucumber, and fresh turmeric.
- Pour into a glass.
- Stir in the cinnamon and enjoy!
#4 – Celery Cucumber ginger Lemon “Joint” Juice
- 2 large ribs celery 7oz/200g
- 2 medium cucumbers 14oz/400g
- 1-inch ginger root .2oz/5g
- 1 medium lemon 4oz/100g
- Wash celery ribs and cucumber. If cucumber is waxed, peel it.
- Scrub the ginger and peel the lemon.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise into strips that will fit into the juicer chute.
- Juicing Order: start with the ginger to make sure all of it gets pushed through and into the juice then add cucumber, lemon, and finally, the celery.
#5 – Carrot, Orange, Turmeric, And Ginger Juice
- 2 oranges
- 1 lg bundle of carrots
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 cup water
- Peel oranges and carrots and place all ingredients in a blender. Pulse for a couple of minutes then add water and blend until frothy.
- Place a strainer over a large bowl and pour in blended ingredients.
- Use a spatula to push the “meat” down and get all those yummy juices out and into the bowl.
- Pour the juice into a large glass and either drink within the hour or enjoy it right away!
Helping the body fight the disease as much as we can by eating right and doing the recommended natural ways to ease inflammation and pain are the best thing we can do for ourselves.
Drinking juices that are composed of anti-inflammatory ingredients can relieve RA pain naturally.
Eating and drinking healthy, anti-inflammatory foods along with exercise, the right amount of sleep, and regularly getting massages to help in managing inflammation and pain.
But it is important to know when it is needed to consult your doctor for treatment.
If you are experiencing severe and persistent joint pain, it is best to see your doctor for a treatment plan.