Looking for a new dish that is easy to prepare for your family, yet on the tasty, healthy-ish side?
This Turmeric Lime Chicken recipe is a healthy, anti-inflammatory dish that only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
It can be served with either a fresh mango salsa, any roasted or steamed vegetables of your choice, or in a sandwich.
Turmeric Lime Chicken – Ingredients
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (NOT thick) You can buy 3 thick breasts, butterfly, and cut in half each to get 6.
- 4 juicy limes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste (use about 1 teaspoon salt per pound of chicken)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TBSP cilantro (or parsley if desired)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 TBSP turmeric
- 2 cups Japanese Panko (or bread crumbs)
- 4-5 TBSP vegetable oil
- Start by making 4 small cuts on the top of each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper on both sides. This will help the flavors of the marinade penetrate quicker into the meat and allow the chicken breasts to cook faster and more uniformly.
- Then, mix fresh lime juice, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl and place the chicken breasts into the marinade. Cover the bowl and let sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl using a fork. In another bowl, combine both turmeric powder and panko or bread crumbs
- Place each chicken breast in the beaten egg bowl and turn to cover in egg. Then, coat both sides of each chicken breast with the turmeric/bread crumb mixture.
- Pan-fry the chicken breasts in a large no-stick skillet using half the amount of vegetable oil over medium heat for about 6-10 minutes per side If necessary, clean the skillet carefully with a paper towel between batches to avoid burned bread crumbs. It’s important to cook in batches in order to avoid overcrowding the skillet and lowering the temperature.
- Once the chicken is cooked through (with no sign of pink), place onto a large plate lined with a double paper towel to absorb some of the oil. Serve topped with fresh mango salsa, roasted or steamed vegetables of your choice, or in a sandwich.