Are you interested in trying a new gluten-free muffin recipe with rhubarb, apple and ginger in int for breakfast this week?
Nothing beats a warm muffin from the oven.
Sink your teeth into this dairy and gluten-free muffin recipe to help keep inflammation in your body under control.
Gluten-free meals have been on the rise, as everyone is always looking for more options to put healthy food into their bodies.
RHUBARB, APPLE + GINGER MUFFIN RECIPE (GLUTEN + DAIRY-FREE)
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup (50g) unrefined raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallised ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed meal* see headnotes
- 1/2 cup (70g) buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) fine brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons organic cornflour or true arrowroot
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- a good pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup finely sliced rhubarb
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 95ml (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) rice or almond milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/350C. Grease or line eight 1/3 cup (80ml) cup capacity muffin tins with paper cases.
- Place almond meal, sugar, ginger and linseed meal into a medium bowl. Sieve over flours, baking powder and spices, then whisk to combine evenly.
- Stir in rhubarb and apple to coat in the flour mixture. In another smaller bowl whisk milk, oil, egg and vanilla before pouring into the dry mixture and stirring until just combined.
- Evenly divide batter between tins/paper cases (scatter with a few slices of rhubarb if desired) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen, golden around the edges and when a skewer is inserted into the center it comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool further.
- Eat warm or at room temperature. Best eaten on the day of baking, however, they will store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or frozen in zip-lock bags for longer.