Table of Contents
Are you looking for the best arthritis aids for daily living to help ease your rheumatoid arthritis pain?
For people living with RA, doing everyday tasks would often feel like a struggle.
Some people find it difficult to ask for help in doing everyday tasks, even if they surely need it.
Many people take for granted their ability to do everyday tasks independently and for people living with RA, being able to do it alone is a great feat.
Even if we do have help around, it would still do good for our well-being to be independent and able to do daily tasks on our own.
With this in mind, we have researched and compiled the 27 Arthritis Aids for Daily Living for people with rheumatoid arthritis to try.
Dressing and Grooming Arthritis Aids
1. Pants Dressing Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Wings Pants Original – Buy Now
- For people having difficulty dressing their lower body.
- This dressing tool can accommodate different styles of pants, including those with special loops attached.
- The frame can be adjusted for the desired opening and can also be used to put on underwear.
2. Shoe Remover
RAPM’s Recommendation: Wooden Boot Jack – Buy Now
- Ideal for people experiencing difficulty in bending over.
- Assists in taking shoes off easily.
3. Dressing Stick
RAPM’s Recommendation: Deluxe 28 Inches Long Dressing Stick – Buy Now
- Recommended by therapists and health professionals for people with mobility problems.
- Eliminates the need to bend or stretch when dressing up.
- Has extra large vinyl-coated hooks that help in putting on any type of clothing.
4. Zipper and Button Puller
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Button Hook – Zipper Pull Helper – Buy Now
- Designed for people with weak grip and dexterity issues.
- Makes it easy to zip and button clothes and pants.
- Can easily fit in the pants pocket.
5. Long Handle Lotion Applicator
RAPM’s Recommendation: Essential Medical Supply Lotion Applicator – Buy Now
- It has a 14- inch handle to be able to reach any area of the body.
- Essential for the application of prescribed lotions on the body.
- Includes a contoured grip with thumb hold for easy grip.
6. Hands-Free Hair Dryer Holder
RAPM’s Recommendation: CHRUNONE Hair Dryer Stand – Buy Now
- Enables you to use a hairdryer with ease.
- Has a flexible stainless steel tube that can easily be adjusted to your preferred angle
- Specially designed for people with hand weakness.
Automobile and Travel Arthritis Aids
7. Handy bar & Swivel Seat Cushion
RAPM’s Recommendation: Stander 2-in-1 Handybar and Swivel Seat – Buy Now
- Helps ease back, knee, and hip pain upon coming in and out of a car.
- The handy bar provides needed support upon entering and exiting the vehicle.
- The swivel chair rotates on the seat, making it easy for the user to turn without straining the body.
- It can be used for both low and high vehicles.
8. Gas Cap Handy Wrench
RAPM’s Recommendation: Freedom Gas Cap Wrench – Buy Now
- This tool is specially designed for people struggling to remove the gas cap of their car due to hand weakness and pain.
Dining Arthritis Aids for Daily Living
9. Curved Utensils
RAPM’s Recommendation: Parsons Comfort Grip Utensil – Buy Now
- Specially designed for people with limited hand movement.
- Enables user to eat independently even with mobility problems.
- Latex-free and dishwasher safe
10. Nosey Glass
RAPM’s Recommendation: Nosey Cup 8 Ounces – Buy Now
- Provides a much steady grip due to its shape and textured surface.
- It is cut out in the nose area to help users drink with ease without having to tip their head back.
11. Scoop Plate
RAPM’s Recommendation: Providence Spillproof Scoop Plate – Buy Now
- The scoop plate is made deeper on one side to allow users to scoop their food effortlessly.
- The much deeper side acts like an extra hand that pushes food to the utensils.
- Specially made for people who have difficulty using both hands to eat.
Sitting and Standing Arthritis Aids
12. Seat Assist
RAPM’s Recommendation: Carex Upeasy Seat Assist – Buy Now
- Easily lifts user up to a standing position gently.
- Portable and can be used on almost all chairs and sofas.
- Built to carry up to 340lbs of weight.
13. Stand Assist
RAPM’s Recommendation: Able Life Tray Table – Buy Now
- Provides support and balance when sitting down or standing up.
- Supports up to 250 lbs.
- Has a built-in tray table for your laptop, meals, and any tabletop activities.
14. Sit Up Assist Rail
RAPM’s Recommendation: Drive Medical Bed Assist Handle with Pouch – Buy Now
- Designed to provide assistance in getting into and out of the bed.
- Includes multiple crossbars that provide easy grip at any height.
- Safety straps that wrap around the mattress provide added security.
Bathroom / Toilet Arthritis Aids
15. Toilet Seat Riser
RAPM’s Recommendation: Elevated Toilet Seat – Buy Now
- Gives the user its needed elevation when using the toilet.
- Ideal for people struggling to use a normal height toilet.
- Has padded arms that are securely in place under the seat, to give that extra assistance and balance that you need.
16. Self-Wipe Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: SoulQ Bottom Wiper – Buy Now
- Specially designed for people who have difficulty bending or reaching out.
- Provides the help that you need to go to the toilet fully self-sufficient.
17. Bathtub Cushion
RAPM’s Recommendation: Bath Haven Bath Pillow – Buy Now
- For those who still enjoy a nice warm bath without having to worry about pain in joints and muscles.
- This Ergonomic bathtub cushion has stitching that is specifically designed to support sensitive joints and muscles, making your bath experience a relaxing one.
- Equipped with Air Mesh Technology that makes a breathable bath pillow that allows air to ventilate.
- It comes equipped with 6 suction cups that keep it firmly fixed at the back of your tub, you don’t need to worry about it slipping.
18. Non- Slip Shower Mat
RAPM’s Recommendation: SlipX Solutions Rubber Bath Safety Mat – Buy Now
- Made of natural rubber that provides protection from slipping.
- Has antimicrobial materials to prevent bacteria growth.
- Has 140 suction cups to keep the mat secure and in place.
19. Shower Chair
RAPM’s Recommendation: Medline Shower Chair – Buy Now
- Padded arms provide comfortable and strong support in the shower.
- Reduces slip incidences in the bathroom.
- Provides the needed help and support when showering without needing the help of others.
- Can support up to 350lbs.
Household Arthritis Aids
20. Serrated Knife
RAPM’s Recommendation: Swedish Bread Knife – Buy Now
- Designed to help reduce hand discomfort
- Utilizes arm strength
- Gives the hand, arm, and wrist a natural working position.
21. Tube Squeezing Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Big Squeeze Tube Squeezing Tool – v
- Can be used for anything that comes out of a tube.
- Reduces hand pain
RAPM’s Recommendation: Grabber Reacher Tool with Headlight – Buy Now
- Ideal for people with limited hand mobility and grip.
- Has rotating jaws and magnets that can grab objects easily.
- Limits the amount of hand strength needed to pick an object up.
23. Key Turner
RAPM’s Recommendation: SP Ableware Key Holder – Buy Now
- Provides the wide grip needed for people with hand weakness.
- Can hold up to 2 keys and can fold them into the handle.
- Has a tightening lever that holds the key in position.
24. Padded Seat and Back Adult Highchair
RAPM’s Recommendation: Drive Medical Kitchen Stool – Buy Now
- Specifically designed for people who cannot stand for long periods of time.
- It was made as a kitchen perching tool but has often been utilized as a hip chair.
- The adult highchair provides its users a safe and comfortable chair without having to worry about experiencing pain when sitting or standing up.
25. Bottle and Can Opener
RAPM’s Recommendation: Magic Opener for Bottles and Cans – Buy Now
- 5 in 1 bottle opener
- Can easily open any bottle or can with minimum effort
- Ideal for people with weak hand grip
Kitchen Arthritis Aids For Daily Living
RAPM’s Recommendation: The Pampered Chef Food Chopper – Buy Now
- Ideal for chopping garlic, onions, nuts, and vegetables.
- Lessens the need for hand grip.
- Can easily be used by pressing down.
27. Knob Turner
RAPM’s Recommendation: Homecraft Contour Turner – Buy Now
- Provides large grip handles for extra leverage
- Uses stainless steel rods to grip the knob
- Made for people with weak hand grip
Even though there is no cure for RA, there are a lot of ways to manage it.
Aside from medication, whether prescribed or through natural medicine, there are innovative Rheumatoid Arthritis aids for daily living that you can certainly use to still maintain your independence and ease the pain.
Related RA pain relief resources you may be interested in: