Are you looking for the best arthritis aids for daily living to help ease your rheumatoid arthritis pain?
For people living with RA, doing everyday tasks would often feel like a struggle.
Some people find it difficult to ask for help in doing everyday tasks, even if they surely need it.
Many people take for granted their ability to do everyday tasks independently and for people living with RA, being able to do it alone is a great feat.
Even if we do have help around, it would still do good for our well- being to be independent and able to do daily tasks on our own.
With this in mind, we have researched and compiled the 27 Arthritis Aids for Daily Living for people with rheumatoid arthritis to try.
Dressing and Grooming Arthritis Aids
- Pants Dressing Tool
- For people having difficulty dressing their lower body.
- This dressing tool can accommodate different styles of pants, including those with special loops attached.
- The frame can be adjusted for the desired opening and can also be used to put on underwear.
- Shoe Remover
- Ideal for people experiencing difficulty in bending over.
- Assists in taking shoes off easily.
- Dressing Stick
- Recommended by therapists and health professionals for people with mobility problems.
- Eliminates the need to bend or stretch when dressing up.
- Has extra large vinyl coated hooks that helps in putting on any types of clothing.
- Zipper and Button Puller
- Designed for people with weak grip and dexterity issues.
- Makes it easy to zip and button clothes and pants.
- Can easily fit in the pants pocket.
- Long Handle Lotion Applicator
- It has a 14- inch handle to be able to reach any areas of the body.
- Essential for application of prescribed lotions on the body.
- Includes a contoured grip with thumb hold for easy grip.
- Hands- free Hair Dryer Holder
- Enables you to use a hair dryer with ease.
- Has a flexible stainless steel tube which can easily be adjusted to your preferred angle
- Specially designed or people with hand grip weakness.
Automobile and Travel Arthritis Aids
- Handy bar & Swivel Seat Cushion
- Helps ease back, knee, and hip pain upon coming in and out of a car.
- The handy bar provides needed support upon entering and exiting the vehicle.
- The swivel chair rotates on the seat, making it easy for the user to turn without straining the body.
- It can be used for both low and high vehicles.
- Gas Cap Handy Wrench
- This tool is specially designed for people struggling to remove the gas cap of their car due to hand weakness and pain.
Dining Arthritis Aids for Daily Living
- Curved Utensils
- Especially designed for people with limited hand movement.
- Enables user to eat independently even with mobility problems.
- Latex free and dishwasher safe
- Nosey Glass
- Provides a much steady grip due to its shape and textured surface.
- It is cut out in the nose area to help users drink with ease without having to tip their head back.
- Scoop Plate
- The scoop plate is made deeper on one side to allow users to scoop their food effortlessly.
- The much deeper side acts like an extra hand that push food to the utensils.
- Especially made for people who has difficulty using both hands to eat.
Sitting and Standing Arthritis Aids
- Seat Assist
- Easily lifts user up to a standing position gently.
- Portable and can be used on almost all chairs and sofas.
- Built to carry weight of up to 340lbs.
- Stand Assist
- Provides support and balance when sitting down or standing up.
- Supports up to 250 lbs.
- Has a built- in tray table for your laptop, meals, and any table top activities.
- Sit Up Assist Rail
– Designed to provide assistance in getting into and out of the bed.
– Includes multiple crossbars that provides easy grip at any height.
– Safety straps that wraps around the mattress provides added security.
Bathroom / Toilet Arthritis Aids
- Toilet Seat Riser
- Gives user its needed elevation when using the toilet.
- Ideal for people struggling to use normal height toilet.
- Has padded arms that are securely in place under the seat, to give that extra assistance and balance that you need.
- Self-Wipe Tool
- Especially designed for people who has difficulty bending or reaching out.
- Provides the help that you need to go to the toilet fully self- sufficient.
- Bathtub Cushion
- For those who still enjoy a nice warm bath without having to worry about pain in joints and muscles.
- This Ergonomic bathtub cushion has stitching that are specifically designed to support sensitive joints and muscles, making your bath experience a relaxing one.
- Equipped with Air Mesh Technology that makes a breathable bath pillow that allows air to ventilate.
- It comes equipped with 6 suction cups that keep it firmly fixed at the back of your tub, you don’t need to worry about it slipping.
- Non- Slip Shower Mat
- Made of natural rubber that provides protection from slipping.
- Has antimicrobial materials to prevent bacteria growth.
- Has 140 suction cups to keep the mat secure and in place.
- Shower Chair
- Made of PVC and fabric to provide a comfortable and strong support in the shower.
- Reduces slip incidences in the bathroom
- Provides the needed help and support when showering without needing the help of others
Household Arthritis Aids
- Serrated Knife
- Designed to help reduce hand discomfort
- Utilizes arm strength
- Gives the hand, arm, and wrist a natural working position.
- Tube Squeezing Tool
- Can be used for anything that comes out of a tube.
- Reduces hand pain
- Ideal for people with limited hand mobility and grip.
- Has rotating jaws and magnets that can grab objects easily.
- Limits the amount of hand strength needed to pick an object up.
- Key Turner
- Provides the wide grip needed for people with hand weakness.
- Can hold up to 2 keys and can fold them into the handle.
- Has a tightening lever that holds key in position.
- Padded Seat and Back Adult Highchair
- Specifically designed for people who cannot stand in long period of time.
- It was made as a kitchen perching tool but has often been utilized as a hip chair.
- The adult highchair provides its users a safe and comfortable chair without having to worry about experiencing pain when sitting or standing up.
- Bottle and Can Opener
- 5 in 1 bottle opener
- Can easily open any bottle or can with minimum effort
- Ideal for people with weak hand grip
Kitchen Arthritis Aids For Daily Living
- Ideal for chopping garlic, onions, nuts, and vegetables.
- Lessens the need for hand grip.
- Can easily be used by pressing down.
- Knob Turner
- Provides large grip handles for extra leverage
- Uses stainless steel rods to grip the knob
- Made for people with weak hand grip
Even though there is no cure for RA, there are a lot of ways to manage it.
Aside from medication, whether prescribed or through natural medicine, there are innovative Rheumatoid Arthritis aids for daily living that you can certainly use to still maintain your independence and ease the pain.