Switching up your cooking process to include stews, such as this delicious red lentil and squash curry stew recipe, is a good option to help expand their palate.
Stew recipes are an easy fix to create a large amount of food that you can freeze and have easy access to later.
This allows you to have an easily accessible option to help naturally prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis flare-ups any time you’d like.
See the recipe below!
Red Lentil and Squash Curry Stew Recipe
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp good quality curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 carton broth (4 cups) I used low-sodium
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup greens of choice
- Freshly grated ginger, to taste (optional)
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp salt)
- In a large pot, add EVOO and chopped onion, and minced garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Stir in curry powder and cook another couple of minutes. Add broth and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked butternut squash and greens of choice. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and add some freshly grated ginger to taste.
Note: If you have uncooked butternut to use, check out Martha’s recipe for cooking instructions.