Switching up your cooking process to include stews, such as this delicious red lentil and squash curry stew recipe, is a good option to help expand their palate.
Stew recipes are an easy fix to create a large amount for food that you can freeze and have easy access to later.
This allows you to have an easily accessible option to help naturally prevent with Rheumatoid Arthritis flare-ups any time you’d like.
See the recipe below!
Red Lentil and Squash Curry Stew Recipe
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp good quality curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 carton broth (4 cups) I used low-sodium
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup greens of choice
- Fresh grated ginger, to taste (optional)
- Kosher salt & black pepper, to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp salt)
- In a large pot, add EVOO and chopped onion and minced garlic. Sautee for about 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Stir in curry powder and cook another couple minutes. Add broth and lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked butternut squash and greens of choice. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and add some freshly grated ginger to taste.
Note: If you have uncooked butternut to use, check out Martha’s recipe for cooking instructions.