Looking for a new vegetable soup recipe as a clean eating option?
Try this delicious roasted red pepper and sweet potato soup recipe that will definitely hit the spot.
When preparing an anti-inflammatory meal like this red pepper and sweet potato soup to help keep your rheumatoid arthritis in check, do your best to use organic foods in your recipe for added clean eating benefits.
Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Roasted red peppers and sweet potatoes come together in this creamy soup that is full of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red peppers, chopped, liquid reserved
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 – 4 cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 oz cream cheese, cubed
How To Cook Roasted Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup Recipe:
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add in the red peppers, green chiles, cumin, salt, and coriander. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved juice from the roasted red peppers, sweet potatoes, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice. Let the soup cool slightly.
- Place half of the soup into a blender along with the cream cheese. Process until smooth, then add back into the soup pot and heat through. Season with additional salt, if needed.