Table of Contents
Do you know that Rheumatoid Arthritis hand aids are one of the most essential things that one can have when you are suffering from RA?
RA is an autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s tissues, causing chronic pain and swelling.
According to the National Institutes of Health, for every 100,000, 41 people are diagnosed with RA every year.
Women are 2-3 times most likely to be diagnosed than men.
People living with RA are more likely to suffer from depression due to pain and decreased mobility.
While there is no cure for RA, there are a lot of tools available to ease the everyday struggle of people living with RA.
These tools lessen the strain on the joints and provide them with the independence to do everyday things on their own.
Here are 21 of the best rheumatoid arthritis hand aids to help with everyday tasks and ease the pain naturally.
1. Dressing Stick
RAPM’s Recommendation: RMS 28 Inches Long Dressing Stick – Buy Now
- This very simple stick is designed to make putting on and putting off your clothes so much easier.
- Its vinyl-coated hook is bent specifically to assist in putting on shirts, pants, skirts, and even with putting on socks and shoes.
- It even has a hook attached at the opposite end that is designed to help with pulling zippers and shoelaces.
2. Dressing Aid Assist Device Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Button Hook – Buy Now
- This versatile and compact tool helps in reducing the pain and frustration you feel when buttoning small buttons.
- It has a non-slip, ribbed handle that provides a comfortable grip, making it possible to dress up independently.
- It also has a steel zipper hook, making it easy to zip clothes and jackets effortlessly.
3. Grabber Tool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Gripper Reacher Grabber Tool – Buy Now
- This tool comes in handy whenever you have something to get.
- It stretches up to 3 feet making it the go-to tool for reaching hard-to-reach objects without having to exert much effort.
- It has built-in rubber cups to avoid damaging objects.
4. Long Blade Loop Scissors
RAPM’s Recommendation: Special Supplies Loop Scissors – Buy Now
- These lightweight, self-opening blades allow people with arthritis to still use scissors with ease and pain-free.
- Helps individuals with low coordination or hand strength to cut easily and safely.
5. Easy Grip Hand in Mug
RAPM’s Recommendation: Sammons Preston Easy Grip Hand in Mug – Buy Now
- This mug is specifically designed for people with weak grip.
- It is BPA, Phthalates free, and dishwasher-friendly.
- It is made with a very strong polycarbonate material that makes sure the mug is sturdy and can withstand slips and falls.
6. Wishbone Pen
RAPM’s Recommendation: PenAgain 3 Pack Pens – Buy Now
- Ergonomically designed like a wishbone to prevent hand pain while writing.
- It promotes a proper writing position for the hand that helps in preventing pain and fatigue.
- It is also easily refillable.
7. Easy to Secure Belt
RAPM’s Recommendation: Gelante Women Belt – Buy Now
- Made with a comfortable fabric belt strap that is perfect for jeans and pants.
- Unlike the usual belt design, this belt provides an easy way to put on a belt.
8. Bottle Can and Jar Opener
RAPM’s Recommendation: 5 in 1 Lids off Jar Opener – Buy Now
- Provides the power needed to open jars and cans easily.
- Has a rubber grip that gives a stable hold to avoid slipping.
- Can open multiple bottle cap sizes, cans, and jars.
9. Adaptive Utensils
RAPM’s Recommendation: Special Supplies Adaptive Utensils – Buy Now
- Specially designed to ease hand pain.
- Built wider and non-weighted to improve control.
- Made with stainless steel and a food-grade safe silicone handle that is also dishwasher safe.
10. Padded Hand Grip for Walkers
RAPM’s Recommendation: Crutcheze Walker Padded Hand Grip Covers – Buy Now
- Made with medical foam padding to ensure strength and comfort.
- Provides a safer way to use a walker.
- Protects from slipping while holding the walker.
- Absorbs moisture to keep your hands dry and comfortable.
11. Pull Can Opener
RAPM’s Recommendation: Brix Ring-Pull Can Opener – Buy Now
- Lets you open ring-top cans, bottles easily and without effort.
- Safe to use: has no sharp edges
12. Silicone Doorknob
RAPM’s Recommendation: Silicone Doorknob Grips – Buy Now
- Provides extra grip needed when opening the door.
- Fits all doorknob sizes
- Made from non-toxic, BPA-free materials.
13. Key Turner
RAPM’s Recommendation: Keywing Key Turner Aid – Buy Now
- Easily clip your keys and never make an effort to turn your keys again.
- Available in different colors to help you identify your keys.
14. Magnetic Shoelaces
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Magnetic Shoe Closure – Buy Now
- Securely holds your shoes together comfortably.
- It includes walking clips that keep the ends of your shoelace secure.
- Lacing holes can accommodate different lace types
- Easily opens in an upward pressure, allowing easy removal of shoes.
- Reusable on multiple pairs of shoes.
15. Sock Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vive Sock Aid – Buy Now
- Helps you put your socks or hosiery with ease.
- Specifically designed for people suffering from injury, recovering from surgery or for those with limited mobility.
- Has a secure and comfortable grip.
- Equipped with a wide, non-slip cuff that ensures the sock does not slide off.
16. Nail Clipper
RAPM’s Recommendation: 360 Degree Rotary Clipper – Buy Now
- Designed with a wide grip handle for people with hand weakness.
- Provides the strength and dexterity needed for nail clipping.
17. Dressing Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Dressing aid for Pants – Buy Now
- It’s a tool that you never knew you needed! A very simple dressing aid designed specifically for ladies having trouble putting their bra on.
- It can be used with most bra types and can easily be adjusted to accommodate different bra sizes.
- This tool can be used for both back and front closure bras, making it the only tool you’ll need when putting your bra on.
18. T- Grip Knife
RAPM’s Recommendation: T-Grip Bendable Rocker Knife – Buy Now
- Provides optimum grip for easy use.
- Specially designed for people with limited hand control
- Accident safe with smooth edges
- Dishwasher safe
19. Portable Vehicle Support Handle
RAPM’s Recommendation: Auto Assist Grab Bar – Buy Now
- Provides s stable support when standing or sitting from your vehicle.
- Specifically designed for people who need mobility assistance.
- Latches easily on the side of your door striker.
20. Seat Belt Grabber Handle
RAPM’s Recommendation: Seatbelt Grabber Handle – Buy Now
- Gives users an easy way to reach their seat belt.
- Just attach the handle to your seatbelt to make an extra-long handle.
- Helps you avoid twisting and turning just to reach your seatbelt.
21. Car Mobility Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Mobility AID Auto Hand Grip – Buy Now
- Assists in getting in and out of the vehicle from the back.
- It has soft grip handles providing comfort when in use.
- Hooks around the base of the headrest for added strength and stability.
With today’s innovation and technology, there are a lot of tools out there that you can get to help you get through life with RA.
We here at RA Pain Management, make sure that we bring you all the information you need and be with you through your journey.
With the above Rheumatoid Arthritis hand aids, you will certainly feel the ease and comfort these tools will bring you.