Being diagnosed with arthritis does not mean you have to stop working for a living.
It may interfere with your daily living activities, but having the right arthritis office aids can help manage your pain and let you function as normally as possible.
Office work brings on the same challenges as any daily activity and can hinder your productivity.
Having the right arthritis office aids for your work can bring tremendous help in naturally reducing arthritis pain so you can work productively and pain-free.
Here are some arthritis office aids that can help with your everyday work challenges.
1. Arthritic Scissors
RAPM’s Recommendation: Thornton’s Art Supply Soft grip Arthritic Scissors – Buy Now
- Spring-action design that reduces the effort needed for basic motion.
- The soft-grip handle gives control and comfort to the hand.
- Has a bent handle design that keeps materials flat for a more precise cut.
2. Table Top Scissor
RAPM’s Recommendation: Mounted Table Top Scissor – Buy Now
- Suitable for individuals with a weak grip.
- Its sturdy tabletop base provides a stable foundation so the scissors can be used with one hand or with a forearm.
- Its spring mechanism automatically reopens the scissors for the next cut.
3. Loop Scissors
RAPM’s Recommendation: Grip Scissors – Buy Now
- Easier to use than regular scissors.
- Self-opening design for more control and stability.
- Has a round-tip design to ensure hand safety.
4. Fishbone Pen
RAPM’s Recommendation: Penagain Fishbone Pen – Buy Now
- Has a soft rubber finish for added comfort.
- Works for both right- and left-handed individuals.
- Provides natural downward pressure as you write.
5. Writing Instrument
RAPM’s Recommendation: Ableware Steady Write – Buy Now
- Has a wide triangular base that increases stability.
- Suitable for both left- and right-hand users.
- Designed to help improve the handwriting condition of individuals with arthritis.
6. Ring Writer Clip
RAPM’s Recommendation: SP Ablewar Ring Writer Clip – Buy Now
- Offers extra control for individuals with hand weakness.
- Improves hand grip when writing.
- The hand is automatically positioned and angled correctly when used.
7. Under Desk Foot Rest
RAPM’s Recommendation: ComfiLife Foot Rest – Buy Now
- Ideal to relieve pain and support the back, hips, legs, knees, and feet.
- Reduces back and sciatica pain by easing pressure on your lower back and hips.
- Can also be used as a footrest underneath your knees or as a rocker underneath your chair.
8. Ergonomic Keyboard with Wrist Rest
RAPM’s Recommendation: Logitech Ergo K860 – Buy Now
- Improves typing posture with its naturally curved, split KeyFrame.
- Scooped keys that match the shape of your fingertips.
- Features an adjustable palm lift to keep your wrist comfortable and in its natural posture.
9. Memory Foam Keyboard Wrist Rest Pad
RAPM’s Recommendation: Gimars Gel Memory Foam Set – Buy Now
- Provides a heavy grip to prevent sliding and unwanted movement on the keyboard and mousepad.
- Has non-skid rubber base.
- Improves hand and wrist posture.
10. Gel Seat Cushion
RAPM’s Recommendation: Honeycomb Design Seat Cushion – Buy Now
- Has double thick design to prevent different pain symptoms.
- Has anti-slip mesh cover to prevent slips.
- Its Gel seat cushion pad with a ” Honeycomb structure” provides breathability when sitting for long periods of time.
11. Wheelchair Tablet Mount
RAPM’s Recommendation: Mount-It! Tablet Pole Mount – Buy Now
- Multi-purpose pole mount. Can be set up on wheelchairs, treadmills, desks, tables, counters, beds, and more.
- Has 3 full motion joints for adjustments.
- Has a special C-Clamp design for a more secure setup.
- Made of heavy-duty aluminum to withstand heavy use.
12. Drill Base Tablet Mount
RAPM’s Recommendation: Tackform Metal Drill Base Tablet Mount – Buy Now
- Has AMPS mounting plate that provides a semi-permanent installation on a flat surface.
- Its metal arm allows easy positioning.
- Can withstand to endure vibration, humidity, and temperature change.
13. Foot Step Stool
RAPM’s Recommendation: Vaunn Medical Foot Step Stool – Buy Now
- Made of triple-layered, chrome-plated, heavy-duty steel for the ultimate stability and lifetime durability.
- Can also be used as a footstool for getting in and out of bed.
- Has non-skid ribbed rubber platform, rubber feet, and stable hand grip to ensure security and safety.
14. Magnifying Desk Lamp
RAPM’s Recommendation: Carson DeskBrite – Buy Now
- LED lighted lamp that can be powered by an AC/CD adapter or batteries.
- Features a flexible neck for easy adjustment.
- A perfect aide for low vision reading.
15. Stylus Pen
RAPM’s Recommendation: Stylus Pens for Touch Screens – Buy Now
- Compatible with all capacitive touch screen devices.
- Soft rubber tips to protect devices.
- Includes a steel clip for easy carry-on.
With the help of daily office arthritis aids, people living with arthritis can live a close to normal life that is safer and much more comfortable.