Table of Contents
If you are living with any form of arthritis, chances are, getting in and out of a car is not as easy as it should be and you need arthritis mobility aids.
Because arthritis affects your joints, it limits your daily activities such as cooking, going to the bathroom, and yes, getting in and out of a car.
Using mobility aids to help provide stability and help with pain is one way of managing rheumatoid arthritis without drugs.
Here are the best arthritis mobility aids to make it easier for you when traveling by car and other forms of travel — long & short trips.
Best Mobility Aids for Arthritis Pain Relief
1. Vehicle Support Grab Bar
RAPM’s Recommendation: Stander HandyBar – Buy Now
- Provides users the stability and balance they need when sitting down or standing up from the car.
- It is portable and lightweight that you can bring it anywhere.
- Ideal for the elderly, the injured, or anyone who needs mobility assistance.
- Includes a built-in window breaker and seat belt cutter for emergency situations.
- Can safely support up to 350 lbs.
2. Automotive Standing Aid
RAPM’s Recommendation: Stander CarCaddie – Buy Now
- Helps users to easily stand from their vehicle.
- Buckles around window frames.
- Non- slip bar for a safe and secure grip.
- Can support up to 250lbs.
3. Tubular Slide Sheet
RAPM’s Recommendation: Patient Aid Tubular Slide Sheet – Buy Now
- Has a tubular design that makes getting in and out of the vehicle easier.
- Ideal for the elderly, disabled, and those with limited movement.
- Can be used for different repositioning and transfer procedures.
- Machine washable.
4. Transfer Disc
RAPM’s Recommendation: YPC Transfer Disc – Buy Now
- Assists individuals with limited mobility in moving from one seat to another only using minimal effort.
- Has a 360-degree rotation.
- Can hold up to 330 lbs.
- Made with non-slip grooved material for added safety.
5. Round Car Cane Mobility
RAPM’s Recommendation: Emson Standing Aid with Built-in Flashlight – Buy Now
- Assists users in getting in and out of the vehicle safely and with ease.
- Includes a built-in flashlight.
- Can hold up to 350 lbs.
- Can be used as a window breaker, seatbelt cutter, and flashlight.
- Has a non-slip grip for security.
6. Car Butler Helping Handle
RAPM’s Recommendation: Maxsa Car Butler Helping Handle – Buy Now
- Ideal for people who need help in getting in and out of the car.
- Easily to use. Just attach it to the post of any headrest.
- The handle is big enough to provide a safe grip but not enough to be an obstacle for the passengers.
7. Adjustable Walking Cane
RAPM’s Recommendation: Rock Steady Cane – Buy Now
- Made walking easier for people with mobility issues.
- Can be customized according to your height.
- Provides a stable foundation when walking.
- Can be used as a cane, as a stand assist, and even for resting.
8. Driving Handicap Aid Equipment
RAPM’s Recommendation: Disabled Driving Handicap Aid Equipment – Buy Now
- Hand-controlled equipment for left or right-handed drivers.
- No tools are needed as it comes pre-assembled.
- Made from T-6 aluminum for more sturdy equipment.
- Adjustable for any driver and all vehicle types.
9. Lifting Aid Bar
RAPM’s Recommendation: Medical Mobility Transfer Helper – Buy Now
- Used to pull patient from a sitting position to a standing position.
- Safe, non-slip, and can be used by any hand size.
- Can support up to 800lbs.
- Helps remove hand-to-hand contact.
10. Cushion Support
RAPM’s Recommendation: Essential Medical Supply Cushion with Higher Density – Buy Now
- Provides relief from sitting for a long period of time.
- Ideal for long drives, wheelchairs, and any type of chair.
- Machine washable cover.
11. Swivel Car Seat Cover
RAPM’s Recommendation: Ruby Slipper Swivel Car Seat Cover – Buy Now
- Made from nylon fabric that keeps the seat cool.
- Easy to install and use. No need for tools.
- Works in most vehicles.
- Helps passengers to easily swivel in and out of the vehicle.
12. Passenger Safety Grip
RAPM’s Recommendation: Wandi Car Handle Grip – Buy Now
- Easy to install. Just wrap the straps around your vehicle’s headrest and fasten tightly.
- Provides added security for your passengers when on the road.
- Provides assistance getting in and out of the vehicle.
13. Folding Step Stool
RAPM’s Recommendation: BodyHealt Portable Folding Step Stool – Buy Now
- Lightweight but sturdy.
- Can accommodate up to 300 lbs.
- Has non-slip foot pads for a more secure surface.
- Helps the user get in and out of the vehicle with less effort.
14. Portable RV Steps
RAPM’s Recommendation: FLSEPAMB RV Step Stool – Buy Now
- Has anti-slip surface that provides security when in use.
- Can also be used at home, in the garage, truck, or van.
- Extends the distance to the first step of the RV.
- Adjustable height design to suit your need.
- Includes anti-slip rubber feet of added security.
15. Handicap Parking Placard
RAPM’s Recommendation: JL Safety Visortag Vertical – Buy Now
- Eliminates the need to hang and remove the id when needed.
- Preserves the condition of the permit.
- Protects id card from being lost or misplaced.
- Made from sturdy plastic that protects id cards from wear and tear.
16. Seat Belt Extender
RAPM’s Recommendation: Seatbelt Tension Adjuster – Buy Now
- Relieves seat belt irritation as it easily clicks to the shoulder belt to provide driving comfort.
- Fast and easy to install. Just pull the shoulder strap to your desired space and slide the adjuster to the belt and lock the position.
- Designed to accommodate all seatbelt sizes.
17. Alternating Pressure Seat Cushion
RAPM’s Recommendation: Apex Medical Seat Cushion – Buy Now
- Features contour foam support for postural stability.
- Provides relief from pain and pressure coming from prolonged sitting.
- Includes rechargeable batteries that provide up to 12 hours of operation.
- Has alternating mode for pressure redistribution and static mode for general use
18. Neck and Shoulder Wrap
RAPM’s Recommendation: Neck and Shoulder Wrap – Buy Now
- Provides immediate pain relief and relaxation when heated.
- When used, it releases a subtle, pleasant blend of lavender, lemongrass, chamomile, and peppermint.
- Perfect for long drives or travel.
19. Vehicle Assist Transfer
RAPM’s Recommendation: SLIDE ‘n RIDE Vehicle Assist Transfer – Buy Now
- Compatible with sedans and some lower-height SUVs.
- Provides a safer way to enter and exit a vehicle than a transfer board.
20. Seat Cushion
RAPM’s Recommendation: HANCHUAN Gel Seat Cushion – Buy Now
- Features a breathable seat cover and gel design to provide comfort and allow air to circulate.
- Ideal for long driving as it releases tension brought about by prolonged sitting.
Aside from these arthritis pain relief aids, you may also use other tools that can help you with your daily tasks.
These tools will help you in getting dressed, eating your meals, and other daily activities that you may find difficult to do without any help.